With this years record level snow quickly melting away, we only have one thing on our minds – SUMMER IN MORZINE!
Summer is such a wonderful time to be in Morzine with sunshine, endless hiking, 600km of bike trails, plenty cols to conquer for road cyclists, a large outdoor swimming complex, stunning lakes and loads of family activities! It really is the perfect summer holiday destination for any outdoor lover, family or bike enthusiast!
The summer season runs from mid June to early September and there are a huge amount of events which run throughout the season, which can be great to participate in or simply spectate. We’ve put together a list of the highlights below so you can get some dates in your diary!
- 17th June – Morzine-Haut Chablais Cyclosportive : A popular road bike race known to be one of the most beautiful in the alps. 2 distances available of 155km or 100km over the Joux Verte, Corbier, Grand Taillet, Jambaz and the famous Joux and anyone can sign up!
- 20th to 24th June – Crankworx: Crankworx kicks off the summer MTB season with style and speed, taking place in Les Gets with music and film events too – a must for any mountain biker!
- 29th June to 1st July – Pass’Portes du Soleil: The Pass’Portes is a fun mountain bike event which spans the full Portes du Soleil resorts across France and Switzerland. Bike round 80 km of trails around 9 resorts offering pit-stops serving up local specialties. Open to all!
- 7th to 8th July – Spartan Race: For the adventure lover – a 6km race and with around 20 obstacles, testing your fitness and strength – a ‘tough mudder’ in the alps! Can be entered as a team event too!
- 16th to 20th July – Royaume des Marmots: ‘The Kids Kingdom’, Morzine hosts an awesome few days of free workshops and shows on offer for families.
- 25th – 28th July – French Downhill Mountain Bike Championships: The return of top class downhill racing to Morzine, sponsored by Santa Cruz, who’s European headquarters are now locally based. A brand new downhill (DH) track is also being created for the occasion.
- 30th July – 3rd August – Morzine Pampers you: A series of activities around resort, to get you ready and recharged this summer!
- 5th August – Morzine-Avoriaz Bike Climb: The famous “Grimpée Cycliste” bike climb from Morzine to Avoriaz dates back to 1975, when the Tour de France came to Morzine for the first time. It’s a 14.6km route and 860m climb with an average incline of 6%. (Why not try beat the record time of 33 minutes, set 27 years ago by Bernard Hinault).
- 8th to 9th August – Morzine Plage: The beach arrives in the centre of Morzine with inflatables, workshops and music for children – all free!
- 11th August – Trail des Hauts Forts: A trail race from Morzine to Avoriaz offering stunning scenery while you race around the Hauts-Forts, the highest summit in the Chablais and the Portes du Soleil.
- 11th – 17th August – Royaume des Marmots: Another event as part of ‘The Kids Kingdom’, Morzine hosts fantastic events for children with workshops and shows – all free!
- 19th August – 1 day, 1 col Morzine to Joux Plane: For any road cyclist – tackle the Joux Plane with the road closed off to traffic especially for you and refreshments on offer at the top.
- 7th to 8th September – 70th Mont Blanc Rally: A legendary annual event, which is part of the French Automobile Championships.
See the full diary of events across Morzine and Avoriaz here >
Subscribe to our Newsletter...
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE