Our menu, carefully designed by master chef Cate Dixon, is always a hit with all our guests so we thought we’d share some of our most popular recipes with you!
First up is the very delicious Chocolate brownie with a vanilla mascarpone mousse, honeycomb crumb and salted caramel sauce – a top hit on this winter’s menu!
For the brownie: (makes big batch!)
- 345g butter
- 472g dark chocolate, 70% minimum
- 2tbsp instant coffee
- 2tbsp vanilla essence
- 6 eggs
- 422g sugar
- 96g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder (1 sachet)
- 1tsp salt
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 300g sugar
- 50g butter
- 170ml double cream
- 1tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- To make the brownie, melt the butter, chocolate, coffee and vanilla essence in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gently pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs, folding gently. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and mix gently. Pour the batter into a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 25-35mins until a crust has formed on top and a knife comes out cleanly when put through the centre. Leave to cool fully.
- For the caramel, heat a frying pan over a high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the sugar and allow it to dissolve fully and turn a deep golden. Add the butter, cream and salt and leave to bubble until smooth. Set aside to cool fully.
- Place the brownie on a caramel swirl, top with a spoonful of homemade caramel mascarpone cream and sprinkle with homemade honeycomb.